How Ancestry.com can be Useful to You
It can be argued that Ancestry.com login is more useful to genealogy enthusiasts. Well this can’t be said to be far from the truth, however even the average person can find ancestry login can also be very useful to their lives. Ancestry.com log on will charge the users some membership fee, and perhaps this may discourage new uses, buy you should note that Ancestry login does allow for a free 14-day trial period.
During this trial period, new users can register and open an account and get to enjoy the great services available. When you are registering for an account to get the ancestry log on, you will be required to give your credit card number. After successful completion of the registration process, you will be taken to the Ancestry.com home page. From homepage you will be able to view various activities such as the family trees, members saved, favorite links, a search form and recent searches history.
To the top of the webpage, are other tabs which will lead you to other pages. Such as “Search” which will lead you to search page; which allows you to search particular record. “Publish” tab will lead you to the Ancestry.com login publishing services; here you can publish your family tree, books and posters this will be based on the family data you added to your account. Next you could use the “Community” tab which will lead you to another webpage which is a communal forum where the ancestry com login members can share information with each other. The “DNA” tab will give you information about the genealogical DNA tests. While “Learning Center” will explain to you how to use the Ancestry.com login, last but not least, “Shop” will allow you to buy various items.
To enhance your experience of Ancestry.com login, it’s essential that you put all of your family tree data on the site. Then the website will easily give you more valuable hints on where to look for new information. The steps for registering for the Ancestry.com login, you need to follow the steps given below:
1. Go to the Ancestry.com home page and then click on the “My Trees” tab.
2. After doing the above, you’ll see a drop down menu appear and it will display “Create a new tree” and “Upload a GEDCOM file”. If you’ve never inserted you family tree information, then click on the “Create a new tree” tab. If you had already done that, then go to the “Upload a GEDCOM file” tab, which essentially means you would like to use the data from the file, click on the upload option.
3. If you had clicked on the “Create a new tree” option, it will lead you to a new screen. Then chose which person will be the first in your tree. If you decide to start with yourself, check the box that states, “I am starting with myself”, then also indicate your sex in the drop down box that will appear, also indicate your first, middle, and last name in the give fields, also insert on the birth place and date fields and then click “Next”.
4. The next screen to appear will require you to give information about your father. Fill the form accurately, however there are some fields asking you questions you don’t know, you can leave them blank. You can later come back to it and fill in if and when you find the information asked in those fields. Then click on “Next”.
5. The subsequent screen will be more or less identical to the previous webpage. With the only difference is that it will ask you information about you mother. Just follow the steps outlined above and fill the same concerning your mother. Then click on “Next”.
6. The next screen to appear will require you to name the family tree you are creating. Note that you can have multiple family trees on the same account on the Ancestry.com. For instance you could create one for your friend, or that of your adopted child. After naming your family tree, you can choose to keep the created family tree private, or public. If you select public option, other member of the site will be able to view your tree. So select the option you are comfortable with. However, information you give on your living family member will not be displayed to the public.
7. The next screen that will come up, will enable you to send an invite to other family member who can come and view the family tree you’ve created. Complete this form, or you can opt to click on “Skip for now”. At this stage you have successfully created the family tree and you can thus make it grow as time goes by.
If you decided to invite family members to view the family tree you created, and you do not wish for them to edit it, you can set the permission to “Guests”. Also if you don’t want you to be billed after the 14-days trial period, cancel your membership once the 14 days has lapsed. You should also note that membership auto-renews, if you wish you membership not to be renewed, then you should cancel membership before the date for renewal is due.