It has been a long time coming from the days of sharing files in physical devices like CD’s and flashes drives. We can now share files online via Cloud Computing. The Drop box application has made all this possible. I will be giving you the guide lines to make it much easier for you to use this new and fresh application. Below are instruction to enable you to log in and use drop box. Before you log in, you need to make a drop box download. To download this drop box app you should go to www.drop.com and download drop box.
DROP BOX LOG IN.
Here are the steps to guide you when logging in.
1. Go to www.dropbox.com, here is what you will see.
2. Now move in and create your own account on Drop box. This is the beginning of getting into drop box. Fill in the relevant details which are your name and an active email address. Remember to use a good password which cannot be sourced out by someone else to make sure your Drop box sign in account is secure.
Congratulations, now you have a Drop box Application in place. Do you want to go ahead and share files? Here is how.
3.Go to ‘Share Folder.’Now click on it.
4.’My Drop box’ will automatically ask if you want to share a new folder or an already present folder. A folder called ‘the share folder’ will show up in the Drop box of the person you wish to send it to. Take the option ‘Create new’. Now name it then go to next.
5. You will be taken to a page with twin text fields. At the top field just put in your email address of the person you wish to share your file with. The text field below is for you to write a message to your recipient .It is optional and you don’t have to send it thus you can live it blank. Now click on to ‘Share Folder’.
6. After this you will see your created shared folder. You can now upload files.
7. All you need to do is to click on to ‘Upload’.
8. There is a menu that will appear. Click ‘Choose Files.’ To enable you select which file you want to upload.
9. A window shows up on you screen. Now go to the directory where the file you want to share is. Put a highlight and go to ‘Open.’
10. This will take you straight back to the upload menu showing the ‘Progress bar.’ It will automatically upload the file that you had initially chosen. You can also opt to upload multiple files according to your preference. Once you have successfully finished and the file or files should be showing inside the shared folder.